Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Magical Village


I've never seen anything like it! I've seen villages before but nothing on this grand a scale!
Delores begins the setup on Labor Day, adding thousands of pieces a section at a time.....

......piece by piece until it is completed 2 months later.
 
  We asked her how many pieces she has but she didn't know. I would guess several thousand. Her husband bought her the very first piece many years ago.
 
It is an amazing Christmas/Winter village! I'm just so sorry that the photos don't  begin to do it justice. (I'm also shocked that some TV channel hasn't done a "bit" on this village.) I've seen villages before but nothing close to this size. I could only capture little sections at a time.
I have a couple of very favorite apps: Larry and Nila App.
Delores and Nila work together and they invited me to go along to see the village. Larry is an incredible videographer. He wanted to take his "real" cameras and do justice to the village.
When we arrived at the house, it was daytime. We were excited when the darkness began to creep in and the entire village changed personality.









Be sure to notice how the stars show up . Not only is Delores a very creative person but she has a creative, patient and handy-man husband who builds whatever Delores needs.






 
Is it any wonder that Delores sets this village up every other year. Could it possibly be because from the time she begins to set up until the final piece is packed away, 6 months goes by.
Now you know! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment