Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

                          Happy Mother's Day to my mother!


         Mother loves being at Hubbard Hill. It is wonderful having her nearby. I get to visit her every day and this is the best gift that I can 'give back' to her. Every day, Mother tells me that "she doesn't know what she would do without me" and I tell her that she forgets that she took care of me for many, many years so I want to do this for her.


Mother was a busy lady with this crew of five kids. Three of these kids are May birthdays so I hope she got a lot of presents on Mother's Day during the early years. Somehow, I would imagine that the presents were made with a lot of love and not a lot of money. Paula just celebrated a birthday May 9th. Keith will turn 70 (!!!!!) on May 18th and Barry will be 72 on May 22. I'm way too young to have siblings this old! These are the ages of grandparents...not these kids! Oh wait! They ARE grandparents!

Mother spent most of her day doing laundry, ironing, cooking, cleaning, and all of those things that mothers did. It's easy to understand why the mother's were so tired back in those early days!

 Thank you, Mother, for making me the person that I am today.

 
                                    Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment