Friday, June 24, 2011

Complete Joy!

I love when Kendra has her "girl's weekend" with her friends. I then have my three favorite "Smith Grandkids" here in Goshen for a few days. The challenge has been to keep Lexi safe since I have a stone hearth and, despite all the baby-proofing possible, she is an active, curious 2-year old. Plus...I am getting older! Plus...Tom teaches every morning (Concord High School Summer School Government) until 12:30. He will be done this coming Tuesday. Not good timing. (Did I say that I'm getting old?)  Blake began this morning with his Legos. We took them into our bedroom to keep those little pieces away from a little girl. Do you know how many lego pieces there are in one container??? Millions and millions!  He was quick to inform me that these were his "favorite pajamas"!
Nicholas got out the old toy that Brent used to play with when he was a kid. You can't see the Kleenex box that holds up the back of it. For some reason, the kids still love it and the box full of cars that Brent collected through the years. Nicholas is a picture of patience when it comes to Lexi "helping" him.

Alexis LOVES music! She will yell  sing "E-I-E-I" and you had better have your vocals ready to chime in! This little girl will sit on my lap for a half hour while I play the piano. The other day, she fell asleep. Wait! Does that say something about my playing???
 
After playtime upstairs, the kids headed to the basement. Alas, there is no carpeting so the knees on the kid's clothes aren't exactly as nice as when they arrived. There is something about light pink pants on a cement floor. Yes...I sprayed them. No...they are still gray! But nevertheless, Alexis loved pushing the grocery cart around. It really "moves along" on a cement floor. She did well keeping up.
 
Then it was time for some horse back riding!
 
In the late afternoon, we headed to Tommy's Kid's Castle in GoshenThe boys had a great time running, climbing, laughing and playing with any kids that would chase them. Well...that would be Blake. Nicky will hand-walk across sets of bars until his hands wear out. Strong arms on that little boy!
 

Alexis is ready to take Driver's Training! She'll be taking her test next week.

Then there is Blake. Blake will take on any challenge. He has little fear. There was an older boy that would chase Blake and run ahead of him throughout the park. Blake kept up with him and did whatever the boy did. Blake was in his element! Then the boy climbed something that was slightly challenging for Blake. I had my zoom on him so it looks easier than it was. I loved the expressions on Blake's face.



"I think I can...I think I can...I think I can..."

"I knew I could!!! I knew I could! I knew I could!"
 
You wouldn't know that it's the end of June!!! It wasn't cold but it was cool. I had a sweater on Lexi but I thought it was still too cool  for her so I grabbed a shirt of Nickys from the car to put on her. It fit like a glove  dress! It's the new look!
 
PopPop and Lexi love to swing...well...Lexi loves to swing!



This reminds me of a photo of Kendra that was taken at about this age. I think I'll go dig it out!
 
Sweet, silly, funny, lovable Blake! He can find a "friend" wherever he is. Just chase him or say the word "underpants" or "poop" or say something in "pirate" and he's all yours. He told me today that he had lots of friends at the park. He just didn't ask them their names.  Below you can almost see Nicky at the top of the slide and Blake running around at the bottom. Imagine that!!! It was a fun day. I do think, however, that I need to get myself to bed. Tomorrow is another day. I have a feeling that two little girl cousins might be putting in an appearance. I believe that that means.....5 little kidlets will be running, laughing, giggling, yelling, singing, playing, swinging, chasing, ....well...time for bed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment