Friday, March 5, 2010

St. Petersburg, FL...Day 1











Today was our first full day in Florida. We woke up to sunshine and a very nice Comfort Inn breakfast. We put on our walking shoes and set out. Since Tom doesn't believe in parking close to any destination, we took a looooong walk to Demen's Landing and then to The Pier. (I bought some bandaids tonight!) . It was beautiful walking with blue skies and 60 degrees. This afternoon, we sat in the sun and read by the pool and after dinner I drove to Fort DeSoto Park to try to catch a sunset. But...we missed it! If we are late getting some where in Elkhart, it is usually due to waiting for trains. We missed the sunset due to a small sail boat going under a draw bridge!!! I could have had some gorgeous pictures!



Speaking of pictures...I took very few. I'm trying to be smarter about photos than usual. I haven't figured out why and it probably won't last very long...my smartness that is. The photos are the only ones I took today. Tom is sitting in "chairs" by the courthouse here in St. Petersburg. It was first thing this morning and is therefore wearing a jacket. The "lady" is me after eating 3 meals today. That won't happen tomorrow...trust me!



Temperatures tomorrow are to be 66 and going up from there. As the week goes on, it will be in the 70's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment