Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This Year Will Be Different!

"This year will be different," I said. "I'm going to be better organized," I said. "I'm not going to make my cards this year," I said. "I'm going to exercise," I said. "I'm going to say 'no' to anything that doesn't appeal to me," I said. "I am going to update my blog daily even if it is just a sentence or two," I said.

Well...I lied! It's not different! I'm not better organized! I am making my cards (even though I am not happy with how they look). I joined Silver Sneaker's exercise group but have been too lazy/busy to go very often. I have said 'yes' to everything because it all sounds good. I have certainly not done any blog updating because I haven't taken any new pictures in ages. I'm going to do better...maybe.

So here are my updates:
I had a 'wellness' checkup with my Dr. last week and she found a "tiny" bit of blood where it shouldn't have been so I waited for a long weekend to go to my cancer doctor yesterday. It was nothing!!! I have no new tumors!!! I have been cancer free for 2 years! This was a huge praise!

Mother has completed her second eye injection and sometime after her 3rd one on November 27, we'll find out if the shots are stopping the hemorrhaging in her left eye. (One of these days, I won't have to stop and look up the spelling that that word!!!)

I'm missing my grandkidlets today as I wrap a few Christmas presents.

On Friday, December 14th, I've been asked to play background piano music at Goshen Hospital at the Cancer Survivor's luncheon.

I'm going to help at the Christmas Program at Brenneman Preschool (where Marley used to go) on the 21st. I'm going to be an Angel. They certainly aren't typecasting!!!
 
Speaking of my sweet little Elkhart grandkidlets---I love this picture of them under their Christmas tree:

 
I also just finished decorating our own tree this week. I looks the same ever year but I love it anyway:
 
 

So glad that there is choir practice tonight! It is fulfilling to sing good music. It helps me know what day of the week it is. It's fun to visit with friends. But now, I have to get serious and get back to work. Well, maybe I'll stop by my piano and play a little tune first.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have the same thoughts every Christmas - I always say that I'm not going to make my cards this year, I always end up making them, and I am usually unhappy with them.

    Love the photo of the girls with their Christmas tree. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete