Friday, November 23, 2012

Shocking!!!

Unbelievable! Abnormal! Shocking! My camera didn't come out of its case on Thanksgiving Day! Kendra was in disbelief and Heather was thrilled.

It has been a wonderful holiday here in Noblesville. I arrived on Tuesday in time to  help Paula do the grocery shopping. Tom drove separately. With Paula and Kendra's houses so close together, Tom and I  typically sleep at Kendra's and everyone invades Paula and Ron's house during the day. As I write this, Paula, Heather, Kendra and I are sitting around Paula's loooong dining room table. I should take a picture. There are 4 people and 4 laptops in use. Every now and then a comment is made and laughter erupts. There are grunts and groans about how much sugar has been consumed after which someone yells, "pass the cookies!!!". We are so bad but we have such a good time together.

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and there was waaaay too much food but we would have it no other way. Kendra's family had spent Thanksgiving Day in Logansport with Jason's family.  They returned to Paula's in time for the evening dinner. Brent and Jen Snell spent time with Jen's family in Columbus IN stopping here for dinner before heading back to Elkhart. I loved having both of my kids here at the same time.

Black Friday was such fun this morning since Paula and I love to follow our daughters around in the dark as we check out some of the "deals". We were not in a big rush this morning and we had no major items on our lists so we just took our time and avoided the crowds. We actually got a lot accomplished.

I did take a couple (shocking isn't it!!!) of pictures on my phone of the Smith kids on Thanksgiving Eve:

2012-11-22_10-09-03_53
Lexi plays ball with her big brothers
 

2012-11-21_21-03-00_203
Nicholas, Blake & PopPop
Baking with the Best

P.S. Heather is using this blog entry as a test to see if the margins are set correctly. This is a test! This is a test!! This is a test!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment