Saturday, May 2, 2009

Aunt Dizzy and Uncle Brent Come To Town...

It was wonderful having the "kids" come to Noblesville today. It was the first time that they could meet Alexis. I'm so sorry that Tom is still home with a cold and now is getting his 3 classes' finals ready. They arrived in town early to pick up stuff for Brent's running of the Mini Marathon here in Indy. They then headed for the hospital to hold Lexi.

At 6:30 they got to Paula's along with Jason, Kendra, and Rob and Stacy Lastinger. Ron got home at 7:15. Paula and I had a "carb-loaded" dinner ready for everyone since both Brent and Ron are running. The little girls were still in Elkhart with Aunt Steph and Uncle Mike. After a great dinner and lots of laughter, I came "home" with Kendra and family for some sleep. I told Brent and Elizabeth that when Ron drove by this morning at 5:15......to drive by quietly!!! So at 6:00 a.m., Elizabeth sent me a text: "Good morning sunshine! We love you!" OK....at least it wasn't 5:15! I really was awake but still........(it really made me laugh).

I will be taking the boys to the hospital today, maybe for the last time if this swine flu scare continues to "shut down" hospitals and only allows essential people to visit. The hospitals associated with the IU Health Care system have shut their Indianapolis hospitals. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest don't follow suit.

Brent and Ron are running right now. They will then go back to Paula's, clean up and return to the hospital. It probably will happen in the early afternoon. Kendra and Jason are sleeping in (good!!!) so we'll go up after we eat. Then I will be able to bring the boys back home for naps. We'll call the hospital first to be sure that they still allow visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment