Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day in the NICU

It's the first time that I've ever spent a holiday in a hospital! I got to hold Lexi this afternoon while Kendra held her computer next to me and we caught up on some of "The Office" episodes that we had missed! Hysterical! It was really fun being with my "old" girl and my "youngest" girl. Lexi will be in the NICU for another 3-4 weeks.

It is such fun watching nurses and doctors stopping by to say hello to Kendra. She and Lexi are quite the popular girls up there. Dr. Pyle is my favorite. He just sits down and rambles with Kendra. I can't believe this very funny, good-looking man (who looks like he should be on a football field) will sit and talk about everything from TV shows to wanting to come and go boating with Jason. He offered free pediatric services at Kendra's house to be able to go boating!!! Did he mean it? Who knows.

Paula's 59th birthday was yesterday. Today, she got ready to feed our crew again. What a girl!!! Jason had taken the boys to Mother's Day dinner in Kokomo and everyone arrived at Paula's at 6:30. She made Mother's recipe of strawberry shortcake. Delicious.

Since Chrysler is closed down until June 1 and the boys will go to Kokomo on Wednesday for a visit, I think that I will head to Elkhart on Tuesday. We'll return on Friday (even though the boys won't be here) because Tom turns 65 on Friday!!! Hello medicare! Brent and Elizabeth will be running/walking the Geist 5K. We'll have the birthday party on Saturday evening.

If he's 65.....what does that make me!

No comments:

Post a Comment