Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SUN day!

There was another SNOW DAY back home! There was another SUN DAY here in Florida! Our trip has been more laid back this year but it has been so nice to wake up to sunshine, have windows open, drive on perfect roads, shop, eat and sit in the sun whenever we want. I have nearly finished three books and loved every minute! During the last three days, we have been to:
 
                                     Bradenton River Walk
 

Waiting for a TRAIN???? Unbelievable!!!

Well, maybe waiting for a train isn't so bad after all!

We have "water parks". They have skateboarding parks.

Tom attempts to play the bongos. Oh well!
 
Pirates/Orioles Spring Training
We hadn't been to this ball park before and it made me realize how wonderful the South Bend Silver Hawks park is. We had to search to find the "scoreboard".
 


I only took this to prove how nice I am to let this guy check out my camera!

Safe!!!
 
Historic Downtown Sarasota
(TK and I have been here before but you can't ever see sculpture too often.)
 







 
Sunset on Bradenton Beach
 

We spent a lot of time on the beach and I loved having so much reading time!





The only word a person can say after seeing a sunset is "Amen".
 
Village of the Arts
 
We met a wonderful artist in the village who creates with stained glass. She invited us into her home/studio and entertained us with her knowledge and stories. To learn more about her:
Sandra French; stained glass; artist
She made the trip to the Village of the Arts memorable!


 
 
I think I'd like this in my front yard!

 
Beautiful Siesta Key
 
 
It was only after griping about going back  soon to the cold, wintery northern Indiana that
TK reminded that I needed to enjoy every moment of our trip.
In other words:
Shut Up Jill!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment