Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10-10-'10


Not a date that I'll soon forget! Mother was admitted to the hospital. She was sooooo sick. After a few days in the hospital, lots of fluids pumped into her, plasma, whole blood, and a lot of care, she went home and is recovering. When you are 89....getting closer to 90 by the minute, it takes a long time to regain your strength. She is doing "remarkably well" according to sister Debra as of tonight.

This trama came on top of Layla's emergency appendicitis the weekend before Mother's illness. We all thought that she had the flu but she sure proved us wrong!

Last Thursday, Brent and Elizabeth took a long weekend and had a vacation in Las Vegas so thankfully Tom was able to care for the girls Thursday and Thursday night. I arrived home from Battle Creek Friday afternoon. It was a very nice weekend and it was fun taking both girls with us to Trinity on Sunday morning.

I got caught up on unfinished stuff on Monday at home and came to Noblesville yesterday (Tuesday). Alexis had a wonderful report from the doctors at the Down Syndrome Clinic today at St. Vincent. Our family and friends are all gearing up for the Buddy Walk this weekend in Indy. We have banners, shirts, hats...you name it!!! We are the "Lexi Lou's Whos" and people will know we are there. (Thanks to so many people that have donated.)

Nicholas will be 7 years old on October 30!!! How can it be!!! We will celebrate this weekend after the Buddy Walk since our family will be together. He is so excited! Oh to be soooo excited to have a birthday! Such a sweet, sweet boy! I love him more than chocolate!

Then there is my trauma of the week: I had my hair cut off...well....not totally off but very very off. Everyone is being so sweet but I'm not used to it yet because I don't see myself very much but when I do...it's scary! I'll figure it out...what to do and it will grow a little in a couple of weeks. I'll be ok. It will be ok and then I won't even think about it. I do know that I love washing it in 30 seconds and it's "styled" in 2 minutes. That part is good...very very good!





1 comment: