Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good News! Bad News!

Wednesday...May 12
Good news "TTT" surgery is over and done with for another 3 months. Maybe I will luck out and not have any more tumors.....ever again! Twelve tumors in 12 months is enough already!!!

Bad computer is sick. I am typing this on Tom's and therefore, cannot enter pictures since the pictures are in MY harddrive and not his. Wonder when I will get it back!!!

Good news! I got home from the hospital at 1:30 since they called me again to ask me if I could come in at 10:30. Of course I did since there was no way I was going any place without makeup, etc. That "no makeup" rule is the worst part of the whole process. I put a bag over my head when entering and when leaving the hospital. I just walk a little slower when I make my exit!

Bad news...At 6:30 Brent calls us in a panic! He and the girls are at Nay's house (Stephaney Nay is Elizabeth's sister) since "Nana" (Elizabeth's mother) is caring for the Nay 2 children while Stephanie and Elizabeth are in Indy with their dad. He has received a call that "Great Nana" (Elizabeth's grandmother who lives with Nana) has fallen. Would Tom and I go to the Nay house and rescue Nana who has been left with FOUR children while Brent goes to Great Nana! Since the Nays have recently moved Tom needs me to show him where they live. We take Layla and Marley from the Nay home, take them home, bathe them and get them to bed. Tom then heads up to the hospital (9:00 P.M.) to see what is happening. I stay at Brent's.

They return to Brent's at midnight. Great Nana has a badly broken hip just below the old hip replacement site. Surgery would be Thursday.

Thursday, May 13
At 10:30 a.m. Tom and I arrive in Great Nana's hospital room to be with Nana while Great Nana is in surgery. She is in surgery for 5 hours. We are at the hospital for around 6 1/2 hours joined later by a friend of Nana's and her Priest. Both ladies are delightful and in spite of the circumstances, we do lots of sharing.

After surgery the doctors said that they had "worked hard" to repair the break, removing the old hip replacement and putting in a new one with a stem going nearly to the knee cap with nuts, bolts, and other "stuff" tied around it to make it stronger. Great Nana had come through very well and would need to go to a rehap facility perhaps Monday or Tuesday.

At 4:30, Elizabeth and Stephaney are relieved from their post at the IU Med Center (with their Dad) by Jeffrey (step-brother). They arrive in Elkhart at 7:30 and come here before they go to their own homes since Stephaney can't get into her house until her husband Mike gets home from teaching Driver's Ed. After Elizabeth delivers Stephanie to her house, she heads home to Brent.

Wheeeeewwww! Long day!

I can truly say that this will certainly be a week that we will never forget!'s not over yet!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! Can you say DRAMA???! Sorry this has been such a wild week and I wasn't even there in recovery for "Great Nana".
    I just arrived home from PA...had a great visit!
    Let us know if there is anything we can do...What's her name? I'll try & check in on her Friday if I can. When will Rich be home?