Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Kendra!

I know that everyone thinks that they have the best kids in the world but I know that mine REALLY are! Tomorrow is Kendra's 42nd birthday. She was born on a Tuesday back in 1973 but, even though tomorrow is Friday the 13th, it is a very lucky day for TK and me. I'm sure that there were days when I would have liked to have traded her in but I don't remember them. I'm sure that there were days when she was naughty but I don't remember them. I'm sure that there were days when she wanted different parents but I REALLY don't remember them (and I doubt that that's even true!). I think that Kendra was darn-near perfect!

I love this bright shiny face! Kendra was about 3 years old and is wearing a Kelly Hiatt hand-me-down that was made by
Marilyn Moore.

I took this picture while our family lived in Burgh Castle, Norfolk, England during the 1977-78 school year. At 4 years old, Kendra attended Hillside First School and continues to be facebook friends with her England friend, Lucy Beales.
 
It is difficult for any mother to think that they are old enough to have a daughter who is 42. The old saying certainly applies here:  where has the time gone???
Kendra has gone from being a precious little girl to a woman who has accomplished wonderful things and continues to be precious and (nearly) perfect in the eyes of her parents.
 
Kendra (right) and her dear friend, Beth, excited for the Grand Opening of GiGi's Playhouse, Indianapolis which took place on January 24, 2015.
 
Happy birthday Kendra!
February 13 will always be a very lucky day
 for your dad and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment